Jagdulla Hydropower Company Limited - जगदुल्ला हाईड्रोपावर कम्पनी लिमिटेड
Jagdulla Hydropower Company Limited (JHCL) is a subsidiary company of Vidhyut Utpadan Company Limited (VUCL) established in 2017 to develop Jagdulla Peaking Run-of-River Hydroelectric Project (JHEP). The project site is located 750 km west of Kathmandu on Jagdulla River near Jagdulla Rural Municipality of Dolpa District in Karnali Province.
Jagdulla Peaking Run-of-River Hydroelectric Project (JPHEP)
Jagdulla Peaking Run-of-River Hydroelectric Project (JHEP) is the storage type. The capacity of JHEP is 106 MW with an estimated average annual energy generation of 635 GWh. The project is situated in Jagdulla and Mudkechula Rural Municipalities of Dolpa District. Three VDCs and two Rural Municipalities are directly affected by the project. The estimated cost of the project is US$ 220 million.
- Catchment Area: 633.83 Sq. Km
- Design Discharge: 16.20 m3/s
- Minimum Monthly Discharge: 4.67 m3/s
- Design Flood (Q1000): 1141 m3/s
- Location: Hurikot -1, Jagdulla Rural Municipality
- Dam: Dam (3 nos. opening) with emergency spillway
- Dam Crest Level: 2678.00 masl
- Spillway Crest Level: 2696.00 masl
- Location: Mudkechula -4, Mudkechula Rural Municipality
- Headrace Tunnel Length: 6.135 Km (3.8m Dia)
- Pressure Shaft: 1406.69m (2.1m Diameter)
- Powerhouse: Underground (77.8 m (L) x14 m (B) x33.45 m (H))